Wednesday, January 02, 2008

origami notebook

I found the most amazing thing on a shelf at my mother-in-law's house yesterday... her organized notebook from an origami class she took when she was in college. She was so humble about it, but I knew she spent many painstaking hours completing it. She was also proud because she specifically showed me the "A+" on the front page. I asked her if I could photograph it because I happen to have my camera with me. She said yes, and so I brought it out on the porch where the light was perfect and slowly documented. After a while she peeped outside and in her Japanese accent softly and shyly said, "stop it, stop it," and giggled. Not only are the colors and geometric shapes gorgeous, you can feel the calm and patience that was put into making it.  I'm taking that as a sign for the new year...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I like how everything is so perfectly organized. It reminds me of a butterfly collection.